Monday, 1 September 2014

Five Persons Dies After Eating Dog Meat in Cross River

Five persons; a man, two of his children with two of their neighbours over the weekend were confirmed dead in the village of Nchonyi in Yala Local Government Area in Northern Cross River State after eating dog meat.

An indigene of the community, Uwem Onaro, said the dog fell ill after eating eggs of a native chicken laced with gamalin 20 insecticides.

The owner of the dog on noticing that the dog was about to die, quickly killed it and prepared a delicacy which was consumed by himself, members of his family and some neighbors.
Incidentally, the poison from the gamalin 20 led to their taking ill and later died.

Onaro said the victims were rushed to a local health centre for medical attention but were confirmed dead on arrival.

Reacting to the incident, the councillor representing the area in the Yala Local Government Council Legislative Assembly, Frank Ugbem, said the tragedy was painful and consoled the bereaved families.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to know what you think about this post. Please leave a comment here-

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...